Happiness and Friendship



I've made this happiness and friendship talisman for Iva, my best friend, as a thank you for always being there for me.

As you probably noticed, I used the elder futhark alphabet and runebinded:

Gebo (Gift) Letter: G for giving & receiving

Wunjo (Joy) Letter: W for fulfillment of wishes

Isa (Ice) Letter: I for a good standstill

The additional rune on the necklace and earrings is:

Sowulo (Sun) Letter: S for victory, success or other favorable circumstances

Items needed:

  • A small 5 cm x 0.8-0.9 cm branch with soft interior

  • Saw

  • Sandpaper

  • Pyrography tool kit

  • Lacquer

  • Findings - Silver this time


  • How to make it:

    1. Cut the talisman piece of about 5 cm and each earring piece of about 0.3-0.4 cm. Scoop out the soft interior.


    Google Pictures


    2. Draw the design with a pencil and then engrave it with the pyrography tool.


    Google Pictures


    3. Apply lacquer and let it dry. I used 3 coatings.


    Google Pictures



    Google Pictures


    4. Attach the findings. For this set I used the silver ones because they matched very well with the silverish wood bark color.


    Google Pictures


    Happiness and Friendship, Woodburn on unknown wood, 2015, Zenith Adi

    CONVERSATION

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment