Tools



My dad used to say: "Bring the tools, we've got work to do!"

And, of course, I always used to ask: "Which ones?"

Indeed, having the proper tools to work with is essential. When I started sculpting I only had a knife, some chisels and sandpaper. But then I got smart about it and found some ways to do things better. Most of the posts on this blog reference recommended items for completing each project, but no pictures of the tools themselves. So this post is all about the tools I use in sculpting.

1. Drilling Machine with a diversity of Drill Bits ranging from 0.5 mm t0 2.5 mm in diameter. There are no drill bits specifically for wood in these sizes, so feel free to use the ones for metal.

Google Pictures

2. Disk Pad Holder and Sanding Disks.

Google Pictures

3.  Different granularity of sandpaper for wood. Granularity may vary from 100 to 320.

Google Pictures

4. Vise with 2 interchangeable heads: one flat, to hold wood, and one that looks like a ring, to hold the drilling machine after removing the handle.

Google Pictures

5. Chisels and knifes.  I use mostly the roughing knife.

Google Pictures

6. Some saws.

Google Pictures

7. Engraving tool with different tips.

Google Pictures

8. Protection: safety goggles and dust mask. This is when I really want to work on a project. I recommend a thumb guard too, however I don't have one.

Google Pictures

9. And how it all fits ...

Google Pictures

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment